KORDA EDGE RIDING JACKET LIGHT GREY ORANGE
A high-value, trendy and technical feature-rich motorcycle sports riding jacket with advanced composite armour. The KORDA® Edge is a tremendous VFM jacket that boasts a premium protection suite in a youthful, style-conscious package that boasts many of KORDA®’s signature features.
KORDA® believes that at the core of a great riding jacket is the careful selection of technical fabric. The primary purpose of the outer fabric shell of the jacket is to provide abrasion protection and serve as a sturdy garment to hold the impact armour in place during a crash.
- The Edge jacket uses a tough MaxTex® Nylon 66 textile structure in combination with Dynatec™ HTP to achieve a strong and durable chassis that can protect the rider.
- High tensile woven fabrics tailored with a focus to maintain an ideal strength-to-weight ratio is a KORDA® hallmark and provides the rider with a light yet resilient protective garment.
- The final jacket is lightweight enough for all-day comfort and yet strong enough to withstand the demands of all-day riding.
- The cleverly designed chassis is paired with panels of SupraMesh™ woven aramid fabric for superb ventilation in even the most humid conditions.
- In addition, all foundation panels are double safety-stitched with super strong bonded nylon thread in our proprietary DuraStitch™ pattern.
- The Edge jacket fabric outer shell is constructed to protect the rider from road rash as far as possible, even by destroying itself in its attempt to save the rider.
A high-value jacket that does not compromise on safety. All the protectors in the KORDA® range are made from the latest generation visco-elastomeric composite armour and are designed to offer maximum comfort to the rider while worn yet absorb the maximum impact in a crash. All the limb and back impact protectors used in the Edge jacket are Level 2 certified. Level 2 protectors are actually designed for track or advanced rider use and define that the maximum transmitted force or impact must be below 9kN. The armour is also test validated T+T- for stability in thermal extremes of -10°C to +40°C. So whatever the environmental conditions, your armour will remain in peak performance. The L1 chest protector in the Edge jacket is also the visco-elastomeric type designed for high-impact absorption in textile garments. All protectors are supplied by our partner SafeTech srl. Italy, who are pioneers in nano-tech composite armour.
Limb Armour – CE certified EN1621-1: 2012 Level 2 limb protectors for both the shoulders and elbows. This is the highest standard of armour currently available in motorcycle protection in the world.
Back Armour – CE certified EN1621-2: 2014 Level 2 back protector. This is the highest standard of armour currently available in motorcycle protection in the world. The KORDA® Edge jacket also uses a larger than normal back armour size in order to provide maximum coverage.
Chest Armour – CE certified EN1621-3: 2018 chest protector. The Edge jacket uses a “divided” chest protector for rider comfort and is the highest standard of impact armour protection currently suitable for a textile motorcycle jacket in the world.
The Edge jacket is designed with reflective panels and trims from 3M™ ScotchLite™ reflectives that ensure that the rider is visible even in low light conditions. This material has been the gold standard in reflective fabric for many decades and is known for its high performance and durability. Stay visible – stay safe!
KORDA® garments are known for their drape because they are tailored with select materials and utilise laser pattern makers and the Edge is no exception. The jacket has been meticulously designed by KORDA designers to ensure a proper fit using the company’s proprietary SecureFit™ size matrix to ensure that the armours stay snugly in place and yet offer the rider greater freedom of movement.
Ergonomics & Comfort:
- The KORDA® Edge features ergonomic styling cues like pre-curved sleeves to prevent fabric bunching and an asymmetric waist pattern to ensure the jacket doesn’t ride up when the rider is crouched.
- Other clever innovations are the ergonomically placed pockets and easy-grip zipper pullers so that the rider always has easy reach.
- Ventilation is ensured by the strategically positioned SupraMesh™ panels that are integrated to the chassis. KORDA®’s superior design styling ensures that the Edge jacket has proper inlet and exhaust panels to facilitate superior airflow.
KORDA® takes immense pride and care in the design of its products. Because of the ideal strength-to-weight ratio selection of fabrics, the Edge is also one of the lightest L2 armoured motorcycle jackets in the market.
All KORDA® jackets are covered by a TWO-Year manufacturer’s warranty that guarantees the product against any quality issues or manufacturing defects.
*Color of the actual product may vary from the image.